Tuesday, October 1, 2013

To be two


Dear Lily,

Besides the fact that my computer crashed the day of your birthday party and I am just now getting replaced, I think I have been putting off writing this blog because I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around the fact that you are already two. You look two, you act two, but the idea of you having been on this earth for two whole years is something I can't quite accept yet. So for now, I think, I will just focus on how amazing you are right at this moment, numbers aside.

You are smart. So so smart. I know I'm your Mom and I would think that no matter what, but I am genuinely amazed at how quickly you catch on to things. You surprise me every day with something else you've picked up along the way. You can count to eleven, usually you start at four and if you don't you sometimes skip one and three (who has time for those numbers anyway??), and sometimes you just start at seven. The wonderful part is, I know you know how to do it, and you know I know you know how to do it, you just love to do it your own way. You can also sing your ABC's, and much like your numbers you will usually start in a different spot (usually around H) and sometimes you leave parts out, but I've heard you sing the whole thing and I secretly love that you only do it for me and Daddy because that makes us your very special audience. We're the only ones who get the real, whole, live version. You know all of your basic colors, only getting red and orange mixed up occasionally.

You are starting to sing. And it's beautiful. And unique. And gloriously funny. The ABC song is probably your favorite, but you also get a kick out of singing Baby Beluga (just repeating Baby Luga, Baby Luga) and you will sing Rock-a-bye Baby to your babies. You know the chorus to Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" which is probably what I am most proud of :) You nail the "Ohhh, ohhhh trouble, trouble, trouble" every time. The most special time is when you sing your own song, with your own words that only you know. You'll grab some spoons and bang on the floor belting a tune that I can tell comes straight from your heart.

I love that I get to have conversations with you now. One of my favorite from today went something like this.
Me: Guess what we're going to do today?
You: See ephant (elephant), see tiga (tiger), see oo aa (monkey), see quack quack (ducks).
We went to the zoo this weekend and you were amazed at all the animals, with those mentioned above being your favorite. You were just able to spout them off all in a row without hesitation as though you had been waiting for me to ask the question.
I love that you say "lub you mama" when you're in a really good mood. I love that you laugh at funny things. I love that you ask "why" all the time, even though you don't quite understand when to use it yet. I love that you love to paint. I love that you LOVE Curious George (I mean really really love him!) I love, love, love when you smile. It's one of the best smiles I've ever seen (you're tied with your Daddy). I love so many things about you I'm sure I couldn't list them all in one sitting even if I was here all day. 

Love you forever,

Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment