Sunday, April 21, 2013

Easter Sunday: Round 2

We celebrated Easter with my side of the family last weekend and even though it was much colder and terribly wet, we still had a blast.


This is about how our morning went, her face looked like this
until we started some activities. I think someone is teething.
My parents have an awesome older farm house with so many
unique traits, with one being this upstairs vent that looks down to the
fireplace so the heat can rise up. Lily loves to look through said
vent and yell for whoever is downstairs. I even found her doing it to
a normal floor vent the other day, it was incredibly cute. 
It seems like it should be easier to get a decent picture of the three of them, but alas, this was the best we could do...




She finally started to perk up once we began coloring eggs. For some reason she loves eggs even though she doesn't eat them (she's allergic). As soon as she saw them she started shouting "egg! egg!" and each time we gave her a new color she told us what it was. Apparently to Lily all colors are blue, so that was informative. She really enjoyed doing this and was surprisingly gentle.





She is always very timid of men when she first meets them but seemed to be especially so with my Grandpa. This is the face she would make at him for minutes at a time, and anyone who knows Lily know she doesn't do any one thing for more than a few seconds. 

I think this picture, however, may explain her hesitation to warm up to him...

Being the only grandchild on both sides means you get double the egg hunts where you find all of the eggs yourself, double the presents and double the Peeps.


After the Easter Egg hunt we did some Easter carols. One of my favorite parts of Easter are the hymns, they have been a part of this holiday since I was a child and represent all the happiness and glory that comes from this season. Unfortunately our church doesn't do the traditional hymns so my sister and I decided we could just do it ourselves because my family is super awesome like that. This is how that turned out...
It's moments like these that make my heart sing.

Afterwards Lily helped Boppee play some tunes on the piano.


All-in-all it was an awesome Easter with an even more awesome family. I love these people more than they will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment