Thursday, May 2, 2013

Kentucky in April

We had a really fun weekend trip to Kentucky to visit Grandma Jackie. It was so incredibly beautiful there, even though it was cold most of the time the grass was green and the plants were budding and the hills were rolling. Lily didn't do so hot when it came to sleeping but other than that we had an awesome time. 

Her favorite thing were the kitties. Grandma Jackie has two really patient cats who basically let Lily use and abuse them so she had a ball with that.



This about sums up how nap times went...

My favorite part was the trip to Keeneland Horse Park where we got to have breakfast at the track then go down to see the horses practice. This beauty was waiting for us when we walked up. Lily was a bit shy of it's size but was really excited when we saw other ones after that. 

It was really cold, like 36 degrees cold, but that didn't stop Lily from enjoying the show. She loved watching them run by and threw a fit every time we tried to go warm up.


Can you tell how excited I am???

This is the beautiful one way bridge on the way to Grandma Jackie's house. Kentucky is my favorite.

Our last day there was a pretty nice day so we took Lily to a park with ducks and a big wooden playground. Here she is just being super cute.












She did really awesome in the car, she naps much better in her car seat than she does at home so that usually takes up about half the trip. I tried to split it up on the way home so she wasn't awake for such a large amount of time and it got pretty goofy while I was trying to keep her awake. She started laughing really hard when I rubbed my nose with my hand and pretend ate her leg. Here's how that turned out:

I don't usually let her handle the camera but I figured it was safe this time as long as I was holding it with her in the restraints of her car seat. Here's a sampling of Lily's first pictures, I think we have an artist on our hands!


Oh, the things we do to entertain our children...

No comments:

Post a Comment