Friday, May 31, 2013

Silly Lily

I also realize I haven't done a "Silly Lily" post in a while. That doesn't mean she isn't being silly, of course. It just means these pictures have been waiting patiently on my computer for about a month.

This first gem is a picture of my baby girl asleep in a swing at the park.
My parents (Bopee and Pop Pop as Lily calls them) took her to the
park down the street and her absolute favorite thing to do so far this spring is
swing! Apparently so much so that it puts her to sleep???

This one is a little less silly but equally cute. It had finally started to really warm up so Lily and I had spent most of our day outside at various parks. Standing in direct sunlight pushing my daughter in a swing for an hour wasn't exactly my idea of enjoying the warm weather so as soon as we got home I threw her in her swimsuit and gave her the hose. She was thoroughly entertained with this for quite some time and it wasn't until she said "dink" (drink) and put the hose up to her mouth that I was once again reminded of my childhood. Running around our plastic pool for hours, refusing to go inside for anything, especially a drink since it was so easily accessible and so incredibly refreshing when it came out of the hose. Every maternal instinct inside of me wanted to pull it away because my mind was instantly filled with the different kinds of germs that could be festering on the end of the hose. I chose to let it slide this time, however, because every child deserves to experience the satisfaction of drinking from an ice cold hose and a sweltering hot day and that is exactly what I gave her in that moment. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment