Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Getaway

I'm back to procrastinating with my entries, this one should be dated for a few weeks ago but I fell ill shortly after my return and am just now getting around to being motivated again! Back to the main story: I am fortunate enough to have an awesome husband who somehow talked me into leaving my baby girl for a whole weekend to go on a girl's trip with my besties from high school. Retrospectively I should not have been so worried, she was with her awesome Daddy who is amazing and a nurse. It was just that fear of being several hours away for an extended period of time and having to drag everyone else with me if something went awry and of course I thought of every possible disaster that could have occurred during my absence. Needless to say everyone is fine and Lily had a great time with her Daddy and Mommy had, possibly, an even better time with her gal pals.

We travelled to Traverse City where one of the five of us lives and rented a little condo on the beach. It was perfect and cozy and even though there were two bedrooms and a pull out sofa we dragged all the mattresses upstairs so we could sleep in the same room like we were kids again. It was great. There was a lot of reminiscing and girl talk and not being responsible for anyone but ourselves. It truly was the perfect getaway. Here are just a few pics from the trip, as you can tell we haven't changed much- just a litter older now.
This picture perfectly depicts how happy I felt during my getaway.
Obviously Jazzmon was pretty pleased herself.

Wine tasting

At the winery

Dancing the night away. Yes I actually danced.
Like a goon. In public. It was quite invigorating. 

This was almost my favorite part of the trip. This is at a Cherry Republic and they had a bin full of cherry pits to stand in. Don't ask me why I even got in because I am fully aware of how weird and gross that sounds but once my feet hit those pits I understood. They were small and so soft and round which somehow culminated into the perfect foot massage. I don't think we would have ever gotten out if it had not been for the little girl doing puppy eyes at us waiting for her turn. So if you ever have a chance to put your feet in a bin of cherry pits, don't judge, just do it. I promise you won't regret it.

Here are a few pics of Booter and Lily during their weekend. They spent a lot of time with Holly, Peter Aaron and other family enjoying the first of some nice spring weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment